Thursday, November 18, 2010

Snow!

Snow in the Blue Mountains near Walla Walla WA        © Diane B. Reed

Woke up this morning to gray skies and snow on the Blues, almost reaching to the valley floor. By afternoon the skies cleared and by dusk the mountains were glowing in the late afternoon light. Downright magical! 

Snow in the Blue Mountains near Walla Walla WA                       © Diane B. Reed

Of course, the alpenglow only lasts for a few fleeting moments before darkness sets in (these days about 4:30). 



Moonrise over Fort Walla Walla  Park   © Diane B. Reed





 As the light fades, the moon rises over Ft. Walla Walla Park and the Blues fade into the twilight. I know we'll be tired of the snow soon enough, but at least for today I think I'll just enjoy the magic.


1 comment:

  1. Bob showed me how to enjoy your Ponderings. I look forward to seeing more. What a great idea!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete