Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Welcome to my Home(town)

© Diane B. Reed

My latest column in the May issue of Walla Walla Lifestyles (page 42) is titled "The Meaning of Home(town). From my birth in Brooklyn, New York, through the many places I have lived (but not felt at home), to my journey to the West, it's been a long journey home to the Walla Walla Valley. If you've been following my blog, you've seen what a beautiful place this is. In my column you can read about how welcoming it is.

Pioneer Park, Walla Walla                               © Diane B. Reed
The Walla Walla Valley is full of natural beauty, charming towns, farms and vineyards, impressive architecture, and wonderful people. It's home to Whitman College, Walla Walla University, and Walla Walla Community College. And then there's the wineries, the farmers' markets, not to mention the arts and culture.


Walla Walla wheat                                © Diane B. Reed
I hope you're enjoying my blog and my columns. Stay tuned for more about this wonderful valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment